Hoping You Won't See

I can't look you in the eyes I'm afraid that you will see.
The yearning I feel inside for what I know could never be.

I try to fight the feelings and what I long to say.
But every time it gets harder to just let you walk away.

If only you knew the truth hidden beneath the lies.
If only you could hear every time that my heart cries.

How can something that feels so right ever be so wrong.
When will the wanting stop it seems I've wanted you for so long.

God, but you're beautiful and oh how I yearn for just your touch.
Never could there ever be someone who longs for you so much.

But what I feel for you must stay hidden deep within.
For I could never fight for a love I know I cannot win.

So I'll silently keep wishing for what I know could never be.
And yearning for you but yet hoping you won't see.

0 comments: